Saturday, November 14, 2009

Homemade Christmas Tree

With the help of my son's youngest children my tree is up for this year. I decided to use a 4 foot tree instead of my huge one I usually use. Every ornament on the tree is handmade and has a story. There are knitted and crocheted ornaments. My oldest daughter, Mandy, has a ceramic ball ornament that she made in girl scouts and a plastic canvas penguin she made a few years ago. My youngest daughter has a teddy bear she made in kindergarten and a bear spoon ornament that was made for her by my Mother when Cyndy was small. Mariah, my oldest granddaughter has a tiny moccasin to represent her heritage and a marshmallow snowman she made in Headstart. My son's tree holds his ornament he made in cub scouts and his children's ornaments.




Here in this close up you can see the polymer clay ornaments I made this year and a few of my mini hats, bells and winter wear I knitted and crocheted.



The angel at the top is always the crowning glory. My youngest daughter was killed in an automobile accident on November 17, 2001. This angel looks just like her and is always at the top of my tree. I made her out of porcelain and lace. You can see Cyndy's photo peaking out of the left side of the angel.

3 comments:

  1. Your tree's just beautiful!!! The angel is perfect.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am in LOVE with the carrot bead you made. Are you interested in making more/selling them? I have a friend who has a blog called six orange carrots and would like to make something for her. My email is maryschoi at gmail dot com. Please let me know? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda! I found your site through Webring. I just joined yesterday. I followed your blog, but I accidentally joined twice. I tried to fix it but I'm not sure that it worked. You'll see my ugly mug twice on your Friends list. So sorry for that. If you know how to fix it you can email me at kahnee22@yahoo.com. I love your tree, by the way. I was touched by the story behind your angel. I too lost a child on Feb. 8, 2007. He was 16.

    Love your charms! The candy corn looks so real. I noticed you had a website. I will check it out to see if you sell your work.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete